Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Status is Everything

So, yesterday at work I experienced something that I haven't experienced in some time.  One of my characters came to the forefront of my mind and started yelling at me.  Here is where you need to feel a little sorry for me *sighs*.  She is the only character that I have that can age change on me at any given point in time.  Most of my characters will change their age just for their back story but that's it, they are set in their age.  This one on the other hand...we'll call her Curls.  Curls doesn't have a set age, I never created her with one.  Hence the beginning of my problem.

So Curls bounds up to me while I am doing my menial paycheck job.  She's ten.  She's glaring, and she starts yelling at me in some language I don't know.  So I do what any person pretending to be sane at work so her co-workers don't talk about insane asylums.  I ignored her.  My mistake.  So she sat on the corner of my desk, and promptly stated singing 'John Jacob Jinglehimer Schmidt' until I was forced to take my break.  A ciggerate later I was calm enough to demand from her what the heck she wanted.  She just stared at me and said: 'Status is Everything'.

Anyone who actually reads this will understand that when I'm writing I let my characters guide me until they flounder, then I take over.  I then go back and re-write everything I just wrote into a cohesive document while they are tied in a corner with a bag of caramels to amuse them.  This is how I work.  I am in the process of working on one of my stories, trying to recover most of what I lost when my computer crashed.  Then Curls shows her face.

Needless to say, those three words were enough for me to put three different writing projects aside.  Characters I've played with before joined Curls.  She also came equipped with several different characters of whom I have never met before. 

I need to invest in Excedrin.

4 comments:

  1. OMG!!!! WHAT IS BLOGGING???? HELP ME I DON'T KNOW WHERE I AM!!!!!HELP BLOGGING IS KILLING ME!!!I DON'T KNOW,I DON'T KNOW!!!!AWWWWWW

    ReplyDelete
  2. *headdesk* Really, this is crazy, now I'm just yelling at myself or so it appears. That was actually posted by a co-worker who wanted to 'blog' for her first time ever. To those of you who actually read this you know think that I'm crazy. Well you may not be far from the truth but still, I'm not that nuts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yeah baby! Blogging feel so good!!!!!!!!! You want me blog some more baby!?!?!? Blog it like you never blogged before! You blogging blogster!

    ReplyDelete
  4. *facepalm, looks up at the above post and headdesks* I'm going to go now.... *sighs as she beats her head on the desk.*

    ReplyDelete